Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Trains Bridge Building

GNU nmap on Mac OSX

This evening I had to check if a machine, the home network, had an active service, without thinking twice I opened my terminal and I type inseparable:

sudo nmap-sS-v-P0-O Tegenaria

instead of the usual reports I get: sudo

: nmap: command not found


Mac and I'm on my boxcutter Swiss network. Never mind, nmap is Open Source and licensed under the GNU GPL ... then we can do is download the source code and recompile it on Mac OS X.

The following is a simple procedure to be adopted ... clearly the prerequisites described in the first part of the post on how to install GNU Midnight Commander is supposed to have already been met otherwise, rileggetevi the post.
  • insicure.org and point your browser to go to the download page :
    • download the latest source of nmap
    • xvjf nmap-4.53.tar.bz2 tar-cd nmap-
    • 4:53
    • . / Configure - without-nmapfe
    • make sudo make install
At this point the installation is complete GNU nmap, nmap-V typing get something like:

Nmap version 4:53 (http://insecure.org)


Finally I can use the boxcutter:)



that's all folks! As usual, it takes longer to write than to do it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment